Thursday, 30 September 2010

Spaniards in the works

I'm a big fan of Spanish MotoVespa built scooters, I love their quirkiness plus the fact that they can be purchased a lot cheaper than some of the Italian models!
In my opinion the quality of Spanish scooters is exactly the same as Italian, there is barely anything between them in terms of build quality.
Here are a few of the MotoVespas I own:
MotoVespa 150s (series 1) circa 1963

This scooter still wears it's original paint with it's lovely patina and original Spanish decorative badges, this model had 10 inch wheels as standard in basically the same frame as the Italian VBB model, my one had a PX Polini 210 engine in it when I bought it, I've since changed this to a T5 engine which gives a bit more clearance around the barrel which was a a tight fit with the Polini engine.

This is one of my favourite scooters, I love the look of it! Notice the rare Spanish rear carrier, this extends out until it's about a metre long!



Amongst good company on the way to this years Isle of Wight scooter rally.



MotoVespa 150s (series 2) circa 1964
This scooter has the later 1960's style frame with the caged steering bearings and dispenses the control cable channels of the earlier model.
The handlebars contain the trapezoid headlight from the Italian GL model, the front mudguard is also similar to the GL model.
The main feature of this scooter is the bulbous GS160 style side panels, these look awesome!


At the Veteran Vespa Rally in Tring.

Scaling the Grosslockner (highest mountain in Austria!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Roger, I met you at the Tring VVC rally & took these film shots there including a couple of your very nice Motovespa 150s http://www.flickr.com/photos/gs3vespa/sets/72157624231118994/
    Agree with you regards quality of Spanish built vespas, here's some pics of one I used to own which I got from Niall at Retrospective, where you got yours from I think? http://www.flickr.com/photos/gs3vespa/sets/72157614555661338/

    Cheers - Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vespa scooter of my dream. The scooter has good comfortable for long rides, which known attractive features for users.

    ReplyDelete