Thursday, 20 May 2010

Strip down photos #1 - Floor boards.

Here are some photos during the strip down of the scooter, I think I probably should have taken more but I was running to a tight schedule and didn't always have the camera to hand in the thick of things, I aim to improve on the picture taking for future work.


Overview of the floorboards

Note how the floor runners are placed and the little black box (red line) - I believe this is an after market brake light switch.
Also, the floor runners look to be very similar to the Italian equivelent model of this era with end caps, later Douglas Vespas adopted cheaper floor runners without seperate end caps.
Another point of note is the rear brake pedal, once the cable has been removed you can pull the pedal straight out, in this case it needed a lot of WD40 and wiggling before it came loose.

I used a flat bladed screwdriver, a small punch and a hammer to remove the rivets holding on the floor runners being as careful as I could not to damage anything.

I'm keeping every part that I take off of the scooter because there is no guarantee I can get every replacement part I need and some may need to be fabricated at which point I can use the original item as a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment